Piglet turned three last winter. And, while she’s always been part of our family storytime, she’s really started to take an interest in storybooks lately. She constantly asks “Can you read this to me?” It melts my heart every time.
Naturally, she loves picture books. So I started looking for the best picture books for three year olds that I could share with her. So far, these are her absolute favorites! And, since many of these were classics when I was a kid, they were my favorites back in the day too.
By the way, these are all books that I’ve actually read. Trust me, they’re pretty great.
Image c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org via depositphotos
The Best Picture Books for Three-Year-Olds:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr and John Archambault
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Richard Scarry’s Busy, Busy Town
- Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale by Mo Willems
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin and James Dean
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn
- The Little Red Caboose (Little Golden Book)
- Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
- Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Mr. Happy by Roger Hargreaves
Did I miss any of your favorite picture books for three-year-olds? Share your family’s favorites in the comments!
For more tips to make your kids into readers, check out my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!
And catch some of our other book lists for kids below!
This post is part of The Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists by iHomeschool Network! Click over to read tons of awesome booklists shared by my fellow homeschooling bloggers!