The month of August is nearly over, which means September is just around the corner, which means that fall is nearly here! I love summer, but fall wins out as my favorite time of year. The leaves change colors, the weather gets cool, plus we get to start baking and knitting!
For our free printable flashcards series this week, I thought we’d share some leaf identification flashcards! These are perfect for fall learning, but you can really use them anytime of the year. They’d also be great for a spring unit, since that’s when plants begin to flower again.
I am woefully ignorant about plant species, so I learned quite a bit by making these. I hope you and your children enjoy them as well!
What’s In the Free Printable Flashcards: Leaf Identification Set?
To use these flashcards, you’ll need the following:
In this pack, you’ll find printable flashcards for eight different leaves, including:
- And Ficus
One set includes both the leaf pictures and names, and another set includes just the pictures if you’d like to do a review or a matching game.
Fall Leaves Books and Crafts
Make your leaf learning into a full unit study by pairing our Free Printable Flashcards: Leaf Identification Set with these books and crafts about fall leaves!
Books about Fall Leaves:
- Leaves, Leaves, Leaves by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson
- A Leaf Can Be… by Laura Purdie Salas
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
Fall Leaves Activities:
- Fall Leaf Suncatchers – Fun at Home with Kids
- Autumn Leaf Threading – Picklebums
- Fall Leaf Fingerpainting – Teach Preschool
- Fall Leaf Garland – Look! We’re Learning!
And don’t miss some of our other fall posts!
For even more fall fun, follow my Fall Activities for Kids board on Pinterest!