I have a rising sixth grader who HATES math. I mean, she hates it.
If there was a way to study only literature for the remaining seven grades, she’d be in heaven. But once numbers show up on a paper, her love for reading goes out the window.
I wasn’t encouraged to pursue a mathematics-based career and I’m a literature lover, so I understand her feelings completely. But I don’t want her to allow a discomfort with mathematics to limit her career choices, so we’ve got to find a way to make math fun!
Thankfully, there are a lot more resources for making math interesting these days than there were when I was a kid and I’ve gathered up a few today! Check out this list of educational and fun math books for middle school to find some resources your kids might like!
10 Fun Math Books for Middle School
(Affiliate links are provided here for convenience. For more, see our Disclosure Policy.)
- Math Dictionary for Kids: The Essential Guide to Math Terms, Strategies, and Tables (Grades 4-9)
- Math Doesn’t Suck: How to Survive Middle School Math Without Losing Your Mind or Breaking a Nail
- 100 Math Brainteasers (Grades 7-10)
- 40 Fabulous Math Mysteries Kids Can’t Resist (Grades 4-8)
- Janice Van Cleave’s Math for Every Kid: Easy Activities That Make Learning Math Fun
- One Minute Mysteries: 65 Short Mysteries You Solve with Math
- Sir Cumference and the Dragon of Pi: A Math Adventure (Grades 2-7)
- Math Puzzles and Games for Grades 6-8
- Funny & Fabulous Fraction Stories: 30 Reproducible Math Tales and Problems (Grades 3-6)
- Math Projects: 50 Hands-On Projects (Grades 5-8)
Does your middle schooler have a math book that he or she loves? Please share your recommendations in the comments!
Need more math learning resources? Check out these posts!
For more math learning tips, check out my Math Mania board on Pinterest!