As a kid, I took a ton of road trips with my family. And, while I enjoyed them, I typically spent most of the travel time huddled in the backseat with my Walkman (remember those?) and a stack of books.
That’s not necessarily bad. But it’s much better to spend that time making learning fun for kids, especially if you have more than one child. Educational printable road trip games for kids are a wonderful way to pass the time on a vacation and reinforce some important learning concepts.
Take a look at the list we’ve rounded up below. There are over 25 to choose from! Print a few before you leave and let the kids have fun (and learn) as you ride! Plus, see how you can check your vehicle to make sure your car seats are safe before you hit the road!
And, if you want some games you can pick up from the store, don’t miss our list of road trip games for kids you can buy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
Planning for a Safe Road Trip with Kids
Since we have four kids, we’ve had a car seat in our vehicle for the last 12 years. We’ve gone through our share in that time (at least four) and we’ve had to choose vehicles based on whether they were suitable for traveling as a family.
What I didn’t know was that I could have been using Cars.com to find the perfect family-friendly vehicle for us! Before making a recommendation, Cars.com does its own car seat checks. (This is a great step-by-step tutorial in how to conduct a car seat safety check, by the way.)
You can even find out which vehicles made the “Car Seat Honor Roll”! Something we’ll definitely keep in mind when we’re shopping for a new minivan in a couple of years.
25+ Fun and Educational Printable Road Trip Games for Kids
As you head out, bring along some of these printable road trip games for kids! There are printable math games, printable reading games, printable spelling games, and more for the little ones to play!
1. Sharks! Printable Shark Food Chain Game – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Galaxy Game – Kids Activities Blog
3. Roll A Shape Preschool Game – No Time for Flashcards
4. Printable What’s the Weather Board Game – Playdough to Plato
5. Roll and Cover Snowman Game – Fun-A-Day
6. Spell It! Printable Game – The Measured Mom
7. Printable Ice Cream Shape Sorting Game – Look! We’re Learning!
8. Printable Recycling Game – Adventure In a Box
9. Star-Themed Math Facts Game – The Kindergarten Connection
10. Spring Bugs Tic Tac Toe Game – Views From a Stepstool
11. Roll and Race Addition and Subtraction Game – This Reading Mama
12. Aquarium Arithmetic Seek & Find Game – Look! We’re Learning!
13. Fall Leaves Preschool Concentration Game – Look! We’re Learning!
14. Printable Expanded Form Math Game – Kids Activities Blog
15. Roll and Say ABC Game – Fantastic Fun and Learning
16. Tide Pool Skip Counting Game – Buggy and Buddy
17. Spell for Your Life! Game – Teach Beside Me
18. Printable Robot Memory Game – Brain Power Boy
19. Apple Preschool Counting Puzzles – Look! We’re Learning!
20. Ladybug Roll and Cover Game – The Measured Mom
21. Multiplication Tic Tac Toe Game – School Time Snippets
22. Make Ten Card Game – Mama Papa Bubba
23. Ocean Old Maid Game – School Time Snippets
24. Printable Time Telling Game – Easy Peasy and Fun
25. Cupcake Letter Matching Game – Look! We’re Learning!
26. Letter Sounds Alphabet Game – Mom Inspired Life
Did you like this list of fun resources? Try some of these other learning ideas!
See even more fun ways to make math fun on my Math Mania Pinterest board!
P.S. You can get learning resources and tips in your email inbox when you sign up for our newsletter! Use the widget below to get started. 🙂
Leave a Reply