There’s nothing our kids love more than being able to run around and play outside. My kids just love spending the afternoon out in the yard, exploring nature, playing basketball, or even drawing on the sidewalk. However, there’s always one thing that can ruin a day of outdoor play, and that’s rain. It never fails that with the first raindrop we start hearing the complaints of “I’m bored.”
But, there are plenty of fun and entertaining ways to spend a day indoors for kids, and you can even do these activities with them! Here are 20 fun rainy day activities to do with your kids that are both simple and educational!
Need even more ways to have fun indoors? Check out this list of 50 ways to beat cabin fever with your kids!
20 Simple Rainy Day Activities for Kids
1. Raincloud Adding to Make Ten Activity – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Make a Ball Maze – Frugal Fun 4 Boys and Girls
3. Draw with Your Feet – Art Bar
4. LEGO Sensory Soup – And Next Comes L
5. Coin Sorting Activity – Rhythms of Play
6. Paper Plate Targets – All for the Boys
7. Escape the Volcano Shape Game – Toddler Approved
8. Indoor Scavenger Hunt – The Mother Chic
9. DIY Angry Birds Game – Make Great
10. Indoor Classic Golf – For Your Family
11. Coffee Filter Flower Craft – Look! We’re Learning!
12. Make an Activity Cube – My Mini Adventurer
13. Indoor Hopscotch – Happy Hooligans
14. Sticky Spider Web Game – Hands On as We Grow
15. Puzzle Hunt – No Time for Flashcards
16. Make a Rain Cloud In a Jar – Homeschool Preschool
17. Write Bio Poetry – Proud to be Primary
18. Rainwater Harvesting Experiment – Teach Beside Me
19. Rainbow Rainy Day Art Project – Rhythms of Play
20. Taste-Safe Window Gel Clings – Science Kiddo
Share these other fun learning activities with your little ones!
Get more fun indoor activity ideas on my Indoor Play Pinterest board!
Want to get fun activity ideas in your inbox? Sign up for our email newsletter to get parenting tips and exclusive printables!