Hi everyone! Welcome to another edition of Family Fun Friday! We loved last week’s posts and we’ve picked our favorites to share with you all today!
I also wanted to share a simple decluttering plan that I’m doing in 2015: Declutter 52! As a mom with ADHD, it doesn’t take much for me to get overwhelmed. And I’ve seen lots of great decluttering plans for the entire year. But, honestly, I’m at a point where seeing something that spells out the next 52 weeks makes me hyperventilate…lol.
So, I’m doing something quite a bit simpler. Want to hear more? 🙂
Image: Joseph Helfenberger / Dollar Photo Club
Here’s how Declutter 52 works:
You get rid of one bag per week.
That’s it. One bag. Each week. We can do that, right?
There’s only one special rule: If you bring home a bag (buy something new), you have to get rid of three bags that week. The goal is to get rid of old stuff, not just replace it!
I’ll be sharing my Declutter 52 images on Instagram, so if you join, feel free to do the same!
And now….this week’s edition of Family Fun Friday!
I’m not homeschooling right now, but I’m busy gathering ideas and inspiration for when we resume learning at home. I definitely want to think outside the box this time around and avoid falling into the same old stale routine. So, if you’re looking to add a spark into your homeschooling schedule, I’m happy to feature some great ideas for renewing your homeschool!
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a veteran homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.
|Britta was a military kid and is a military wife, now living in the high desert of Arizona and far, far from her New Orleans family. She happily homeschools and writes about the intersection of God’s Word and her world at Britta Lafont ~ Everyday Holiness. This year Britta wants to find that sweet spot between getting more done and enjoying the process. Britta will feature Delicious Recipes. Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram.
|Christin blogs at illuminate. As wife to her high school sweetheart and mother to three premature children, she’s learned that God is the Perfect Party Planner and sometimes the unexpected is the greatest gift of all. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Christen will feature Inspirational Posts.
|Special Guest Co-host! Nicolette Roux blogs at PowerfulMothering.com sharing simple and easy art, crafts & activities for ages 0-5! Learn through play with free printables and occupy the littles with no sew quiet books. Explore kitchen play with taste safe sensory alternatives. Nicolette is the author of Rice Play, 99 Fine Motor Ideas for Ages 1-5 as well as The Blog Planner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Email
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
2. If you’re teaching world history to your kids, make it fun with these free World Explorer Printables from Write Bonnie Rose!
3. One of the goals of homeschooling is to help kids learn how to play and work independently. Caroline Nixon has some great suggestions for encouraging Independent Play in Children!
4. Are you feeling like giving up on homeschooling? Before you do, check out this encouraging and heartfelt post from Science Kiddo “The Week I Gave Up on Homeschooling!”
5. Science is not one of my favorite subjects to teach, so I love any post with tips for teaching science. The Sunny Patch has a helpful look at how to teach about Rocks and Minerals using an Interest-Led approach!
6. Learning comes in all different styles and finding out how our kids learn is the key to homeschooling success, especially in the long run. Mimi and the Grands provides a great tutorial on how to create a Multiple Intelligences Lesson Plan!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Stop by to see what my co-hosts are spotlighting this week!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.