Springtime is a great time of year to explore science with little ones! The weather is warming, the bugs are coming back above ground, and there are flowers growing everywhere!
If you’re looking for a way to make science fun this spring, these awesome spring science ideas are just what you need! There are so many great activities for exploring plant science, water, animals, and even hands-on experiments you and the kids will love this spring!
By the way, if you’re looking for even more fun spring activities, take a look at our rainbow playdough mats for fine motor practice!
40 Fun Spring Science Ideas for Kids
1. Floating Egg Experiment – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Seed Jar Science Experiment – Little Bins for Little Hands
3. Make a Rainbow – Life with Moore Babies
4. Parts of a Flower Learning Center – The Preschool Toolbox Blog
5. Dyeing Carnations Science Experiment – Kitchen Counter Chronicles
6. Make a Snail Habitat – Preschool Powol Packets
7. Chicken Life Cycle Printables – Natural Beach Living
8. Nature Scavenger Hunt – Crystal & Co.
9. Eggshell Seed Growing Science Experiment – Little Bins for Little Hands
10. Grass Caterpillars – Red Ted Art
11. Insect Investigation – Share It Science
12. DIY Butterfly Garden – Mosswood Connections
13. Egg Drop STEM Project – Buggy and Buddy
14. Kid-Made Nesting Supply Station – Thriving STEM
15. Butterfly Life Cycle Craft – The Preschool Toolbox Blog
16. Dissect a Seed Lab – Preschool Powol Packets
17. Planting Seeds with Kids – Buggy and Buddy
18. Make a Roly-Poly Habitat – Fantastic Fun and Learning
19. Grow a Pizza Garden – Share It Science
20. Simple Bug Hotel – Red Ted Art