Now that the weather is turning colder, I’ve started baking more often. And my three oldest are definitely ready to help out more in the kitchen. So I thought I’d look for some fun cookbooks for kids that would encourage them to want to learn how to cook.
Today I’m sharing 10 children’s cookbooks that are easy to use, full of pictures, and feature yummy recipes! After all, if the recipes aren’t good, the kids aren’t going to want to make them, are they?
If you and the kids enjoy these books, don’t miss our ideas for using a lapbook to teach kids to bake!
Fun Children’s Cookbooks
1. The Disney Princess Cookbook by Disney Book Group
2. Baking Kids Love by Sur La Table
3. My First Baking Book by Susan Akass
4. Cooking Class: 57 Recipes Kids Will Love to Make (And Eat!) by Deanna F. Cook
5. ChopChop: The Kids’ Guide to Cooking Real Food with Your Family by Sally Sampson
6. Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cookbook by Better Homes and Gardens
7. Kids’ Fun and Healthy Cookbook by Nicola Graimes
8. Sesame Street: C is For Cooking by Susan McQuillan
9. The Williams Sonoma Cookbook for Kids by Lisa Atwood
10. Pillsbury: Kids Can Cook! by Pillsbury Editors
For even more ideas on cooking with kids, check out how we used a cooking lapbook from Knowledge Box Central to get our children started in the kitchen!
Plus, find some sweet desserts to bake together in this list of cookie bar recipes!
Follow my Sweet Treats for Kids board on Pinterest for more sweet desserts to prepare with the family!
This post is part of The Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists by iHomeschool Network! Click over to read tons of awesome booklists shared by my fellow homeschooling bloggers!