Are you planning a camping trip this year? Get your kids excited for the trip with these fun kids books about camping!
Honestly, I’ve never been camping. My parents weren’t really outdoor-sy and, frankly, the thought of sleeping outdoors doesn’t thrill me either.
But my kids have said that they want to try it, so the hubs and I agreed to rent a cabin in the woods as a first step in that direction. Our trip is next week, so these books are right on time!
One of the things I’m looking forward to the most is just spending some quiet time with the family without outside distractions. No hectic schedules, no other commitments, no working – just chill family time.
If you’re a camping expert, please share your tried-and-true tips for making it an awesome outing!
Kids’ Books about Camping
- Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book
- The Kids’ Outdoor Adventure Book: 448 Great Things to Do in Nature Before You Grow Up
- Flat Stanley Goes Camping
- S is for S’mores: A Camping Alphabet
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters
- Curious George Goes Camping
- Camping Catastrophe! (Ready, Freddy #14)
- Camp Daze Mad Libs
- Toasting Marshmallows: Camping Poems
- Camping Fun Sticker Activity Book
- When We Go Camping
- Peppa Pig and the Camping Trip
- The Berenstain Bears Blaze a Trail
- Claire’s Cursed Camping Trip
- Humphrey’s Creepy-Crawly Camping Adventure
- The Kids’ Campfire Book: Official Book of Campfire Fun
- Camp Out!: The Ultimate Kids’ Guide
- Fred and Ted Go Camping
- Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
- A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee
Don’t miss these other book lists for kids!
Want more great books for kids? Follow my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!
This post is part of the Camping Kids Unit Study roundup! Click over to read more camping themed posts!