Last year, I went through a serious case of homeschooling burnout. I was working, I was going to college full-time, and I was attempting to homeschool my three oldest children. And it was not going well.
Now that we’ve returned to homeschooling, I’m determined to have a more thankful attitude toward our learning this year by appreciating the homeschooling gifts our family enjoys by being together. Here are 10 of the homeschooling gifts that I missed and vow to never take for granted again.
Image: beerphotographer / Dollar Photo Club
10 Homeschooling Gifts I’ll Never Take for Granted Again
1. Preparing breakfast with my children
2. Making artwork together
3. Playing outside with my kids
4. Sharing a new story as a family
5. Taking a homeschool field trip
6. Listening to my children talk about what they learned
7. Watching all four of the kids read quietly
8. Helping my daughter (who hates math) master a new math concept
9. Seeing my kids get excited about choosing books at the library
10. Hearing one of my children say “Thank you” when we finish the school day
What homeschooling gifts are you thankful for? Share them in the comments!
And let me just add an update here – There are a few more homeschooling gifts that I’ve grown to treasure:
11. Watching my children support each other in a tough subject
12. Being there when they have questions or fears about learning something new
13. Waking up when we feel like it and beginning the day relaxed
14. Taking a vacation whenever we’re ready for one
15. Observing my kids grow into young adulthood with confidence
Need more parenting encouragement? Don’t miss these posts!
Need more ways to plan your homeschool this year? Check out my Homeschool Planning board on Pinterest!