There’s nothing that keeps kids interested in learning like a great science experiment!
But if a science activity requires a lot of supplies or if it takes a super long time to show results, it can be tough to keep the kids interested long enough to observe it all the way through.
Plus, who has time or space to work on a science experiment for days on end?
And that’s why I love these easy 15 minute science experiments!
These activities are simple, quick, and educational – perfect for learning at home or in small groups!
Read on to see the list below.
If you’re looking for a quick science lesson plan you can use with kids, don’t miss our Superhero States of Matter activity! It’s a science lesson, an experiment, and an observation journal in one!
15 Science Experiments You Can Do In 15 Minutes
1. Gather a few supplies and let the kids learn how to make an egg float!
2. This seed jar experiment does need a few days to complete, but it only takes a few minutes to set up! And the kids won’t mind watching their seeds sprout!
3. Get the kids outside with this super cool colorful exploding baggie experiment!
4. Your kids will go nuts for this awesome hot ice experiment! And it only takes about 10 minutes!
5. Ever wonder how pinecones open in the fall? Set up this easy science experiment to learn how pinecones open!
6. Did you know that light can actually change direction? Try this simple activity to observe how light refracts in water!
7. Penguins are ingeniously designed. They swim around all day, but manage to keep themselves dry! Help the kids do this activity to learn how penguin feathers stay dry!
8. Add some glittery fun to your science lesson with this DIY sparkly explosion!
9. Plants will be growing all over the place over the summer. Try this colorful experiment to study how plants take in nutrients!
10. Let the young learners get involved with this cute expanding marshmallows experiment! And be sure to let them sneak a few as a snack.
12. Have you ever found an old penny on the ground that looked green? See how this happens with this turn a penny green activity!
13. It won’t be long before we’re watching the beautiful fall leaf colors in the neighborhood. Get ready for fall with this experiment that demonstrates how leaves change colors!
14. Heat is a powerful form of energy. It can even travel through solid matter! Set up this easy experiment to learn how heat conducts energy through metal!
15. Shock your kids by showing them how leaves “breathe” with this leaf respiration experiment!
I hope you love using these simple 15 minute science experiments! Let me know which one you loved the most!
Need more fun science activities for kids? Don’t miss these!
This list of easy 15 minute science experiments is part of the Useful Tasks You Can Do in 60 Minutes linkup at iHomeschool Network! Stop by to see even more quick activities you can accomplish in your homeschool!