STEM activities for kids are super popular these days.
And with good reason! If you can incorporate several subjects into a hands-on activity, it’s always a hit with students.
With spring rapidly approaching, it’s a great time to learn about weather with kids. And these fun weather STEM activities make this topic easy and fun!
These simple STEM experiments are perfect for small groups, weather units, science centers, after school, homeschooling, and more!
If you’re feeling intimidated by teaching STEM, using a familiar science concept like weather is a great way to get started.
Personally, once I started using STEM projects with students, I found that it wasn’t nearly as overwhelming as I thought it would be.
And, with a fun concept like weather, it’s easy to get kids excited about these hands-on science projects!
Read on to see the full list of fun weather activities for kids. And for more ways to work with STEM, don’t miss our list of easy STEM activities for early grades!
15 Fun Weather STEM Activities for Kids
1. Coffee Can Condensation – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Hands-On Weather Graphing Activity – Rainy Day Mum
3. International Weather Tracking Activity – Mama Smiles
4. Wind Science Experiment – Teach Me Mommy
5. Build a Wind Turbine – Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
6. DIY Lightning Experiment – Learn Play Imagine
7. Rain Cloud Weather Experiment – Little Bins for Little Hands
8. Make a Tornado In a Bottle – Gift of Curiosity
9. Snowstorm In a Jar Experiment – B-Inspired Mama
10. DIY Pudding Cup Anemometer – Parenting Chaos
11. Make a DIY Thermometer – Lemon Lime Adventures
12. DIY Hurricane Experiment – Inspiration Laboratories
13. Shadow Towers STEM Challenge – No Time for Flashcards
14. Kite Flying Wind Activity – KC Edventures
15. Solar Heat STEM Activity – STEAM Powered Family
Did you enjoy these Weather STEM activities for kids? Take a look at these other science learning ideas!
Follow my It’s Science! Pinterest board for more ways to make learning science fun!
Leave a Reply