Have you ever put on a puppet show with the kids?
We’ve done it a few times and they always had a blast with their puppet characters.
We’d usually have rehearsed lines in advance, but someone always wanted to improvise and take the story in a different direction.
Which is part of the fun!
When we’ve made puppets, we usually make them out of paper bags. But there are so many ways to make puppets at home, including these super cute clothespin puppets for kids!
There are so many different characters you can make out of clothespins, including animals, snowmen, and more. These would make wonderful prompts for creative writing and story retelling!
Read on to get some clothespin crafts inspiration! And for more fun with puppets, check out our Farm Paper Bag Puppets for kids to make too!
20 Fun Clothespin Puppets for Kids to Make
1. Cat Clothespin Puppet – Easy Peasy and Fun
2. Squirrel Clothespin Puppets – As the Bunny Hops
3. Giraffe Clothespin Puppet – Delia Creates
4. Dragon Clothespin Puppet – Adventure in a Box
5. Unicorn Clothespin Doll – Kids Craft Room
6. Shark Clothespin Puppets – Easy Peasy and Fun
7. Clothespin Dinosaurs – Crafts by Amanda
8. Llama Clothespin Puppets – Inspiration Made Simple
9. Clothespin Wrap Dolls – This Heart of Mine
10. Clothespin Mermaid Doll – Benzie Design
Check out more clothespin puppets and dolls kids can make below!
11. DIY Flower Fairy Clothespin Dolls – Crafts Unleashed
12. Super Hero Clothespin Dolls – All Free Kids Crafts
13. Chinese Dragon Clothespin Puppets – Easy Peasy and Fun
14. Unicorn Clothespin Puppets – Moms and Crafters
15. Pelican Clothespin Puppet – As the Bunny Hops
16. Clothespin Fish – Crafts by Amanda
17. Snowman Puppets – Moms and Crafters
18. Clothespin Monster Puppets – Our Whimsical Days
19. Clothespin Girls – Ginger Cake
20. Alligator Clothespin Puppet – Kids Activities Blog
Did you like these clothespin puppets for kids? Try some of these other easy crafts the kids can make!
Follow my Simple Crafts for Kids board on Pinterest for more easy kids’ crafts!