STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) activities are a staple in our homeschool lessons. It allows my kids to have fun and learn at the same time. One minute they might be mixing potions for a science project and the next working on a math activity.
But, of course, STEM learning isn’t just for homeschoolers. And that’s why I’ve rounded up 45 awesome and easy STEM activities that work great for classroom activities or after-school activities if you don’t homeschool.
Take a look at the list below to find some cool hands-on learning activities for teaching STEM subjects! And, for more science fun, check out our list of 40 spring science ideas for kids!
45 Easy STEM Activities for Kids
1. Floating Egg Experiment – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Expanding and Bouncing Egg Experiment – Blue Bear Wood
3. Simple Skittles Science Experiment – East Coast Mommy
4. Bottle Rockets – STEAM Powered Family
5. Nature Engineering Challenge – Share It Science
6. Build a Catapult – Science Sparks
7. Newspaper Trees – The Wise Owl Factory
8. Fidget Spinner Inertia Experiment – From Engineer to SAHM
9. 3D Phases of the Moon Activity – KC Edventures
10. Felt Circle Fractions – In Our Pond
11. DIY Inventor’s Box – Little Worlds Big Adventures
12. DIY Lego Launcher – Thriving STEM
13. Pipe and Water Play – Moms and Crafters
14. DIY Anemometer – Capri + 3
15. Compare Biodegradable and Non-Biodegradable Materials – Mother Natured
16. Wheels On the Bus Motion Experiment – J Daniel 4’s Mom
17. Shark Coding Game – Life with Moore Babies
18. Build a Straw Hexbug Maze – Buggy and Buddy
19. Straw and Circle Glider – Red Ted Art
20. Weather Vs. Erosion Experiment – The Natural Homeschool
21. Building Block STEM Challenge Cards – Life Over C’s
22. Foaming Dragon Science Experiment – The Joys of Boys
23. STEM Paper Columns – Creekside Learning
Visit the next page for more easy STEM activities kids can do!