It’s time for another edition of Family Fun Friday! I’ve been having a blast checking out everyone’s posts, so be sure to keep linking up. I’m always on the hunt for new posts to feature. 😉 This week, I really appreciated some of the fun ways to learn at home!
You know, homeschooling is (I believe) the best way for kids to learn. But when you’re with your kids everyday, the lesson plans can become a little…monotonous. So this week’s features offer some great ways to liven up your lessons, even when you’re teaching math and history! Check out my favorite posts from last week below and add your latest and greatest posts as well!
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.|
|Danita enjoys blogging about cooking and shares yummy recipes on her blog OTasteandSee. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Danita will feature Delicious Recipes.|
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.|
|Misty is passionate about women’s ministry and encouraging the hearts of wives and moms. You can check out her inspired posts on Beautiful Ashes. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Misty will feature posts to encourage women and family fun.|
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.|
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
1. Jodie at Growing Book by Book has a great idea for bringing learning to the dinner table – start a family dinner book club! This month, she’s featuring the book “The Cricket in Times Square” with some fun conversation starters about the story.
2. Help your toddlers and preschoolers learn about shapes and colors by making clown faces! Ellen at Cutting Tiny Bites shows how you can use an adorable clown face craft to reinforce basic early learning concepts.
3. If your kids love pirates (and who doesn’t), stop by Brain Power Boy for a pirate unit study! Sheila lists activities, resources, and a book list that are kid-approved and full of pirate fun!
4. Teach your kids to match colors with a cute Pete the Cat learning unit! Get the full activity list and printables from Katie at A Little Pinch of Perfect.
5. Do you have any struggling math learners in your home? We do! I loved these fun ideas for learning math at Planet Smarty, including estimating circumference with apples, making an addition scratch-off game, and a free printable multiplication board game!
6. The book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is perfect for teaching kids about colors, counting, and sorting! Victoria at ABC Creative Learning has a great Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tot study for your smallest learners that features colors, number sense, and fine motor skills!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Stop by to see what my co-hosts are spotlighting this week!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.