Kids just love learning about insects! Maybe it’s because they’re so small. Or because they make grown adults (like myself) flee in terror. Either way, bugs are a super popular topic for learning in our family.
If you have budding entomologists in your home, they’ll love these insect activities for kids! There are printables, hands-on experiments, crafts, and games for kids of all ages who want to find out more about these amazing, creepy-crawly creatures!
For more buggy fun, try these cool picture books about bugs for kids to read!
25 Insect Activities for Kids
1. Bug Printables Pack – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Insect Sensory Bin – Stir the Wonder
3. Melting Insect Sensory Painting – Crayon Box Chronicles
4. Insect Small World – Childhood 101
5. Draw the Missing Half Insect Printables – Adventure in a Box
6. Insect Play Dough Prints – Learning 4 Kids
7. Insects Unit Study – Gift of Curiosity
8. Insect Emergent Readers – The Measured Mom
9. Montessori-Inspired Insect Unit – Living Montessori Now
10. Insect Nature Study Printables – Homeschool Creations
11. Insect Investigation Worksheet – Kitchen Counter Chronicles
12. DIY Insect Memory Game – Kids Activities Blog
13. Insect Hotel Activity – Teach Beside Me
14. Picture Books about Bugs – Look! We’re Learning!
15. Insect Counting Cards – Pre-K Pages
16. Build an Insect Activity – Handmade Kids Art
17. Insect Movement Game – Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
18. Insect Do a Dot Printables – Housing a Forest
19. Insect Lab Nature Investigation – Inner Child Fun
20. Indoor Bug Hunt – No Time for Flashcards
21. Melting Insects in Ice Activity – Learning 4 Kids
22. Learning about Insect Body Parts – Gift of Curiosity
23. Bugs in a Jar Math Game – The Measured Mom
24. Insect Alphabet Matching Game – Pre-K Pages
25. Ladybug Learning Activity Pack – Look! We’re Learning!
Don’t miss these other fun bug-themed activities!
Find more ideas for teaching kids about animals on my It’s Science Pinterest board!
This post is part of the 31 Days of ABCs series! Read on to see other great posts!
After taking a break last year due to the arrival of Baby #3, we are back with one of my favorite series, the 31 Days of ABC! You can look forward to 31 more days of activities, crafts, books, apps, and more, all dedicated to teaching young children the alphabet.
I am so happy to be working with an amazing group of kid bloggers, who will be sharing their amazing ideas with us in the coming days. And this year for the first year we are also adding a giveaway, so be sure to scroll to the end and enter for a chance to win!
So join us as we jump, skip, hop, and read our way through the alphabet this October!
Wow! Lots of really great ideas here!