Bugs are super popular with kids, especially during the warm months when we start to see more ants, bees, and other creepy critters around more often. Personally, I’m not a fan. But my boys (in particular) think they’re super cool!
So, I’ve worked up the nerve to start putting together a bug unit study. And part of that unit is reading some great picture books about bugs!
Here are ten kids’ books about bugs that are awesome for showing kids different kinds of insects and helping them learn about how they live and co-exist along with us.
10 Kids’ Picture Books about Bugs
- Bugs: A Stunning, Pop-Up Look at Insects, Spiders, and Other Creepy-Crawlies by George McGavin
- Bugs A to Z by Caroline Lawton
- Ultimate Bugopedia: The Most Complete Bug Reference Ever by Darlyne Murawski
- Bugs Galore by Peter Stein
- Big Book of Bugs by DK Publishing
- On Beyond Bugs: All About Insects (Cat in the Hat’s Learning Library) by Tish Rabe
- Everything Bug: What Kids Really Want to Know about Bugs by Cherie Winner
- Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies: Take-Along Guide
- Because a Little Bug Went Ka-Choo by Rosetta Stone
- The Bugliest Bug by Carol Diggory Shields
If you try one of these, let me know which one is your favorite! And if I missed a great bug book, tell me your pick in the comments!
For more buggy fun, check out these posts!
And get more ideas for science learning from my It’s Science board on Pinterest!