We’ve been enjoying co-hosting Family Fun Friday! This week we’re featuring our favorite posts from last week’s linky and they’re all about language arts for homeschoolers!
We’ve mentioned a few homeschool language arts curriculum options before, but this week’s posts include fun activities, stories, and writing ideas to get kids excited about learning!
Be sure to read our co-hosts’ favorite picks from the past week and link up your own posts below!
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.|
|Danita enjoys blogging about cooking and shares yummy recipes on her blog OTasteandSee. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Danita will feature Delicious Recipes.|
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.|
|Misty is passionate about women’s ministry and encouraging the hearts of wives and moms. You can check out her inspired posts on Beautiful Ashes. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Misty will feature posts to encourage women and family fun.|
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.|
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
1. Felt crafts are so much fun for kids and Monique at Living Life and Learning has come up with a way to include them as a reading extension. Check our her adorable Felt Board Stories with Mo Willems’ Books!
2. Do you have a kid who hates to write? You’ll love these tips from My Big Fat Happy Life on How to Encourage Writing with Young Kids!
3. I love booklists! We’re a family of readers and I’m always on the hunt for new stories to read together. Harvard at Home Mom has a fantastic list of Favorite Children’s Books!
4. Let’s be honest. Phonics can be boring. But this Vowel Farm Game from There’s Just One Mommy is a super fun way to help little ones learn vowels!
5. Make alphabet learning into a trip to the Wild West! Ashley from Life with Moore Babies has a great Mining for Gold Letters activity that would be fabulous in a Wild West unit study!
6. First grade is a critical time for reinforcing reading skills. My co-host Herchel from Scruggbug Corner has a great post full of Ultimate Reading Tips for Your First Grader!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Stop by to see what my co-hosts are spotlighting this week!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.