It’s time for this week’s Family Fun Friday! There are some really great posts from last week featured today, especially if your homeschool motivation is…shall we say, waning.
I’ve never been particularly fond of teaching science. I’m an English major, after all. 🙂 So I added a few posts that have great tips for making science fun for kids (and parents!).
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.|
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a veteran homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.|
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.|
|Britta was a military kid and is a military wife, now living in the high desert of Arizona and far, far from her New Orleans family. She happily homeschools and writes about the intersection of God’s Word and her world at Britta Lafont ~ Everyday Holiness. This year Britta wants to find that sweet spot between getting more done and enjoying the process. Britta will feature Delicious Recipes. Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram.
|Christin blogs at illuminate. As wife to her high school sweetheart and mother to three premature children, she’s learned that God is the Perfect Party Planner and sometimes the unexpected is the greatest gift of all. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Christen will feature Inspirational Posts.|
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
1. Are you suffering from burnout? Brenda at Schooling a Monkey has some great suggestions for dealing with homeschool burnout to help you reclaim your can-teach attitude!
2. How many times a week do your kids say the words “I’m Bored”? Get some fun ideas for kids activities at Faith Filled Food for Moms!
3. I’ve always been a bit intimidated by science experiments, so I love this DIY Lab in a Box from Planet Smarty! It’s a great way to get your kids excited about science without overwhelming them!
4. It never occurred to me to teach literacy along with teeth brushing skills, but Jodie at Growing Book by Book figured out a way to combine the two! Click over to read her cute idea for brushing away the alphabet with preschoolers!
5. Do you need a way to keep your little learners entertained so you can get dinner on the table? (I’ll wait while everyone raises their hand.) Joy in My Kitchen has a roundup of 10 preschool table activities that are perfect for the dinner hour!
6. Want a great way to study winter animals? My Big Fat Happy Life has an adorable idea for studying animal tracks with snow playdough!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Stop by to see what my co-hosts are spotlighting this week!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.