We’re back with another one of our homeschool unit studies – this time it’s a fun monster truck unit study that boys and girls will love!
My children are fascinated with monster trucks, and why not? They’re big, seemingly indestructible, and they get to run over things all the time. Pretty awesome. Below we’ve gathered a fun educational video about how to drive monster trucks, as well as monster truck books for kids, crafts about monster trucks, and more!
If your kids enjoy this unit, don’t miss our Monster Truck Measurement printable pack – a perfect math activity for this topic!
Monster Truck Unit Study
Watch the following video and challenge your kids to answer the questions below.
- How tall does a monster truck stand? (Answer: 12 feet high)
- How much does a monster truck weigh? (Answer: 10,000 pounds)
- How much damage does a monster truck cause in a single night’s performance? (Answer: $100,000 worth)
- How does a monster truck driver steer both sets of wheels? (Answer: The driver uses the steering wheel to steer the front two wheels and a hydraulic switch to steer the back two wheels.)
- How many speeds does the monster truck’s transmission have? (Answer: Just two – first and second.)
- What keeps parts from flying off the trucks when they crash? (Answer: The truck’s parts are secured onto the body with tethers.)
- How fast can the pit crew repair damage to the fiberglass truck body? (Answer: Within four hours)
Books about Monster Trucks:
These kids’ books about monster trucks are an awesome way to add reading into this unit! (Affiliate links are provided here for convenience. For more, see our Disclosure Policy.)
Plus, see even more great kids’ books about monster trucks below!
Monster Truck Crafts and Activities:
Try some of these fun activities and crafts to keep the learning going!
Stop by to see some of our other learning ideas!
Get more ideas on how to use unit studies in your homeschool on my Unit Studies Pinterest board!