Warmer weather means lots of water play and, for us, that means plenty of simple water science experiments to try with the kids!
Since we’ve been homeschooling, I’ve learned that science doesn’t have to be a complicated subject to teach. Many scientific concepts sound complicated (and really are amazingly intricate), but showing kids how they work doesn’t have to be complex. Turns out that you can use a few household supplies and demonstrate how scientific principles work in a kid-friendly way!
And that’s why I’ve rounded up 40 easy water science experiments that would be great to share with kids – either indoors or outdoors! Don’t miss our list of science experiments that you can do in just 15 minutes too!
40 Simple Water Science Experiments for Kids
1. Simple Light In Water Refraction Experiment – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Milk Jug Water Wheel Experiment – J Daniel 4’s Mom
3. Float Vs Sink Experiment – Teach Me Mommy
4. Leak-Proof Bag Science Experiment – Fun Learning for Kids
5. How to Make a Lava Lamp – Coffee Cups and Crayons
6. Measuring Water Beads – Blue Bear Wood
7. Water Balloon Parachute – Fantastic Fun and Learning
8. Food Coloring Fluid Mechanics Experiment – Mama Smiles
9. Measuring Buoyancy Experiment – KC Edventures
10. Color Mixing Experiment – Science Sparks
11. Tide Pool Science Experiment – Buggy and Buddy
12. Floating Peep Boats – Sixth Bloom
13. Traveling Water Experiment – The Wise Owl Factory
14. Simple Water Displacement Experiment – Life with Moore Babies
15. Ripple Water Experiment – J Daniel 4’s Mom
16. Why Does Water Rise STEM Experiment – STEAM Powered Family
17. Make a Rain Cloud In a Jar – Coffee Cups and Crayons
18. Water Xylophone Sound Experiment – Little Bins for Little Hands
19. Growing Mint in Water – Sloely
20. Sticky Ice Experiment – Capri Plus 3
See more of these awesome simple water science experiments on page 2!