If you liked our Busy Bee Scissor Practice sheets last week, we hope you’ll love even more learning about pollinators with these children’s books about bees!
I’m so, so excited for spring (can you tell?) and I’m ready to read, learn, and explore bees with the kids, especially since they seem to be obsessed with the hedges in our front yard. 🙂
I started out with a list of 10, but I’ve added even more kids’ books about bees below! Check out these beautiful storybooks and picture books with the children this year and then try these fun spring crafts for kids as well!
Children’s Books about Bees
To introduce your kids to our helpful friends in the bee world, try these children’s books about bees!
1. Are You a Bee? by Judy Allen and Tudor Humphries
2. Flight of a Honey Bee by Raymond Huber and Brian Lovelock
3. What If There Were No Bees? A Book about the Grassland Ecosystem by Suzanne Slade and Carol Schwartz
4. Bee & Me by Elle J. McGuinness
5. The Hive Detectives: Chronicle of a Honey Bee Catastrophe by Loree Griffin Burns and Ellen Harasimowicz
6. The Very Greedy Bee by Steve Smallman and Jack Tickle
7. In the Trees Honey Bees by Lori Mortensen and Cris Arbo
8. The Buzz on Bees: Why Are They Disappearing? by Shelley Rotner and Anne Woodhull
9. These Bees Count! by Alison Formento and Sarah Snow
10. Buzzbee’s School Day by Penguin Random House Company
And now – even more books about bees for kids!
11. When the Bees Fly Home by Andrea Cheng
12. You Wouldn’t Want to Live Without Bees by Professor Alex Woolf
13. Thomas and the Buzzy Bees (Thomas & Friends) by Christy Webster
14. National Geographic: Bees by Laura Marsh
15. The Bees (Down In the Garden) by DC Swain
16. Bee Dance by Rick Chrustowski
17. Little Honeybee by Katie Haworth
18. Bee: A Peek-Through Picture Book by Britta Teckentrup
19. A Season to Bee by Carlos Aponte
20. The Life and Times of the Honeybee by Charles Micucci
Don’t miss these other learning ideas!
For more tips to make your kids into readers, check out my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!
This post is part of The Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists by iHomeschool Network! Click over to read tons of awesome booklists shared by my fellow homeschooling bloggers!