Geography was NOT one of my favorite subjects in school. It was boring and dry and I just wanted to run out of class and never return.
So I’m determined to make it one of the best subjects in our homeschool. And that means choosing great geography books for my kids to explore.
Check out some of these amazing geography books for home school! I love these books and we use several of them regularly with our children!
10 Amazing Geography Books for Home School
Of this list, my personal favorite is Hungry Planet. It is a truly eye-opening look at the way world regions, economy, and culture play a role in the food we eat. Plus, it’s an introduction to human geography, not just points on a map. Physical geography is important, but it’s how it affects us as humans that really impacts our society.
- Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World
- National Geographic World Atlas: Student Edition
- Geography from A to Z: A Picture Glossary
- The 50 States: Explore the U.S.A. with 50 Fact-Filled Maps!
- The Amazing Pop-Up Geography Book
- Hungry Planet: What the World Eats
- Maps and Geography (Ken Jennings’ Junior Guides)
- Me on the Map
- Geography: A Visual Encyclopedia
- A Child’s Introduction to the World: Geography, Cultures, and People – From the Grand Canyon to the Great Wall of China
Do you have a favorite book for teaching geography in your home school? Share your picks in the comments!
Get even more ideas to make geography fun for kids!
For more geography fun, stop by and follow my Geography for Homeschoolers board on Pinterest!