We’re getting well into the harvest season and it’s a perfect time to read about this time of year with the kids!
We’ve already featured a harvest unit study, but I wanted to share a few more children’s books about harvest that feature picking apples, pumpkins, corn, and all kinds of fall produce.
There are even books that talk about the harvest moon, which is a great way to talk about lunar cycles.
Once you read a couple of these books, be sure to take the kids pumpkin picking, apple picking, or running through a corn maze. You might even want to make an apple pie with your kids!
By the way, if you can make an apple pie successfully, please explain it to me. I’m terrified of attempting to make a pie from scratch.
If you love these books, don’t miss our roundup of 50 Fall Books for Kids or our list of Children’s Books about Farms!
15 Beautiful Children’s Books about Harvest
1. Possum’s Harvest Moon – Anne Hunter
2. Strega Nona’s Harvest – Tomie dePaola
3. We Gather Together: Celebrating the Harvest Season – Wendy Pfeffer
4. Pick a Circle, Gather Squares: A Fall Harvest of Shapes – Felicia Sanzari Chernesky
5. Hello, Harvest Moon – Ralph Fletcher
6. Fall Harvests: Bringing In Food – Martha E. H. Rustad
7. It’s Harvest Time! – Jean McElroy
8. Curious George: Apple Harvest – H.A. Rey
9. Apples, Apples Everywhere!: Learning about Apple Harvests – Robin Koontz
10. By the Light of the Harvest Moon – Harriet Ziefert
11. Tractor Mac: Harvest Time by Billy Steers
12. Harvest Time: Celebrate Fall! by Erika L. Shores
13. Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin by Tad Hills
14. Seed, Sprout, Pumpkin, Pie (Picture the Seasons) by Jill Esbaum
15. Bitsy’s Harvest Party by Melody Carlson
Don’t miss these other book lists for kids!
For more tips to make your kids into readers, check out my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!
This post is part of The Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists by iHomeschool Network! Click over to read tons of awesome booklists shared by my fellow homeschooling bloggers!