How many times have you heard the kids say “I’m bored” over the past month? I couldn’t possibly keep count of how many times my kids have said it. My best estimate is 982. And I think I’m guessing too low.
We are pretty conservative with screen time, so we only allow the kids to play on tablets or individual electronic devices a couple of days a week. Instead, we try to use our evenings to spend time talking about our days. Which is great.
But sometimes you just want to have an entire evening when the family has fun. And that’s why I’ve rounded up these suggestions for family night! These fun family night ideas are perfect for spending the evening together, no matter how old (or young) the kids are! Read through them and see if you can find a new way to spend time as a family!
Are you a board game fan? Be sure to check out this list of fun family games under 20 bucks!
20 Fun Family Night Ideas
1. Head to the driveway to play this Sidewalk Chalk Math Game!
2. Help the kids practice recognizing emotions with this How Am I Feeling? Social Skills Game!
3. Let the kids go “wild” with these Printable Animal Charades!
4. Relive your own childhood with these Classic Backyard Games!
5. Challenge the kids to engineer their own projects with these STEM Minute to Win It Games!
6. Play the classic Flour Game with all the kids!
7. Too cold or wet to play outside? This indoor Ping Pong Toss is simple to set up!
8. Make this Chocolate Popcorn Snack Mix for a sweet and salty treat!
9. Then let the kids make up these DIY Printable Popcorn Boxes to share their snacks!
10. Can’t have popcorn without a good movie! Plan a family Doctor Dolittle Movie Night!
11. Have some simple sensory fun with this stretchy DIY Flubber!
12. Do you have the board game Jenga? Turn it into quality time with this DIY Conversation Jenga idea!
13. The kids will love snacking on these Homemade Corndog Bites as you share a few games!
14. Bake a cake with the children and then let them try this lovely Cake Painting art activity!
15. Combine candy and popcorn in these crunchy M&M Popcorn Brownies!
16. Break out the earmuffs and play this exciting Balloon Stomp Game!
17. These easy peasy Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies are simple enough for the kids to bake!
18. Try a simple Family Storytelling session together!
19. Put together several simple games for a family Minute to Win It Party!
20. This sweet Peanut Butter Popcorn would be perfect for a movie marathon!
Want more ways to have fun with the kids?
See even more ways to spend an evening on our Indoor Play Pinterest board!
Plus, you can get even more family and parenting tips in your inbox when you sign up for our email newsletter!