I’ve been a parent for nearly 13 years and we have four children. So I can tell you that it’s easy to get into the “routine” of parenting – just kind of going from day to day trying to keep your head above the water.
But something happens when your last child begins preschool. Personally, that snapped me out of the routine mindset and into the “treasure every moment” way of thinking. The thought that this is my last child to teach at home was a real jolt.
Piglet started PreK this fall, so we’re officially teaching our very last preschooler. And, since she already has a good grasp on letters, numbers, colors, counting, and shapes, I want to spend a lot of her preschool year exploring wonderful children’s books.
So I thought I’d make an ultimate list of the very best picture books for preschoolers. There are 100 of the best children’s picture books on this list, including modern stories and classic picture books that preschool-aged kids will love to read! But be warned, parents: Expect to read a lot of these over and over again.
If you love these selections, don’t miss our preschool homeschool reading list for this year!
100 Picture Books for Preschoolers
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Policy for details.
1. Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
3. The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen
4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
5. Waiting is Not Easy! (An Elephant and Piggie Book) by Mo Willems
6. The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
7. The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
9. The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
10. Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman
11. Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
12. First 100 Animals by Roger Priddy
13. Richard Scarry’s Cars and Trucks and Things That Go by Richard Scarry
14. My Mouth is a Volcano by Julia Cook
15. The Going-to-Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
16. Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
17. Good, Good Father by Chris Tomlin
18. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr
19. Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
20. Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
21. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
22. Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes! by James Dean
23. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
24. Hands Are Not for Hitting by Martine Agassi, Ph.D.
25. Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
Leave a Reply