When I think of spring, I think of blooming flowers, baby animals, rain showers, and rainbows.
And there’s no better way to welcome spring than to make some lovely spring crafts with kids.
These gorgeously colorful rainbow crafts for kids are a wonderful way to add art and sensory play into a spring unit study.
Or, if you’re a parent, you can just spend a lazy weekend afternoon making the whole house colorful with these beautiful crafts.
Either way, kids will love making them and learning how different shades combine to form the gorgeous rainbow colors we know so well.
Take a look at the full list below.
While you’re here, grab our printable Over the Rainbow Playdough Mats for some sensory preschool fun this spring!
25 Gorgeously Colorful Rainbow Crafts for Kids
This list of rainbow-themed crafts features fine motor skill practice, color recognition, and even some simple science experiments.
Some of the ideas here are even no-mess, which means that they’d be perfect for large groups or very young children.
Or teachers who don’t have time to clean up afterward. (Like yours truly.)
How to Use Rainbow Crafts with Early Learners
When you’re ready to try some of these craft ideas, you might want to start by asking the class:
- What is a rainbow?
- What colors are in the rainbow? (If they don’t know, the acronym ROYGBIV is perfect for helping them remember the colors red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.)
- What kind of weather do we see before a rainbow appears?
- When is the last time you saw a rainbow?
As you talk about rainbows, listen for some ideas your students may have that are incorrect or some answers they may be unsure about.
Take a look at the basic facts about rainbows in this simple rainbow unit to help fill in the gaps for them!
When you’re ready to try a craft or two, let your students know it’s time to make an art project together. Then get out the crafting supplies and get crafting!
Need more rainbow-themed learning ideas? Try some of these too!
- 100th Day of School Rainbow Mickey Upcycle from Crafty Mama in ME
- Rainbow Science from Schooling a Monkey
- Rainbow Picture Books for Kids from The Jenny Evolution
- Plant a Rainbow! from The Usual Mayhem
Get the list of 25 gorgeous rainbow crafts for kids below.
Don’t miss these other ideas for learning about rainbows and springtime!