If you start your homeschool in the fall of each year, you might be thinking that it’s a bit early for homeschool planning. But mid-year is actually a great time to start thinking of what you’d like to change next year.
This week, I’m featuring six posts from last week’s Family Fun Friday that are great for getting a jump on planning your homeschool! If you’re a blogger, don’t forget to link up your own posts for a chance to be featured next week!
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.|
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a veteran homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.|
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.|
|Britta was a military kid and is a military wife, now living in the high desert of Arizona and far, far from her New Orleans family. She happily homeschools and writes about the intersection of God’s Word and her world at Britta Lafont ~ Everyday Holiness. This year Britta wants to find that sweet spot between getting more done and enjoying the process. Britta will feature Delicious Recipes. Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Pinterest / Instagram.
|Christin blogs at illuminate. As wife to her high school sweetheart and mother to three premature children, she’s learned that God is the Perfect Party Planner and sometimes the unexpected is the greatest gift of all. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Christen will feature Inspirational Posts.|
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
1. Facing challenges in your homeschool can do a number on a child’s self-esteem. The Golden Rule Kids has seven tips for building our children’s self-esteem. If kids feel good about themselves, they can learn anything!
2. Do you have older children who you’re planning to homeschool? As kids get older, they may become even more curious about public school life. (If so, they can have a look at our experiment with public school for a reality check.) Mum in the Madhouse has a great post on how to encourage our older kids to learn at home.
3. We have always used our dining room for homeschooling, but I’ve wanted a dedicated homeschool room for the longest. If you’re unsure how to set up your homeschooling space for next year, Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus has a helpful post comparing dedicated homeschool rooms with dining room homeschools.
4. I love the printable packs from Tree Valley Academy! We don’t use printables as much as we used to, since the kids are in school right now. But I’ll be starting Piglet off with a few tot school activities in the coming months. This printable Number Five number study is great for little learners!
5. Maybe it’s just because I’m so over cold weather, but A Life in Balance’s post on how to plan a fun, active summer with kids really resonated with me this week. I’m looking forward to creating an unforgettable summer with my kids and these tips are great for planning the summer!
6. There’s been a definite increase in coding for kids, which is a great thing! But it also leads to a LOT of screen time, which is a not so great thing. Sheila at Brain Power Boy has a fabulous resource to help you teach kids to code without using the computer at all! Nifty!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Stop by to see what my co-hosts are spotlighting this week!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.