Learning about farms is one of the most common preschool themes for young children. Which is why I wanted to share a simple farm unit study that you can share with your early learners too!
Farms are great learning themes for spring or fall, since fall is for harvesting and spring is when most baby farm animals are born. The farm activities for kids, farms for kids videos, and farm printables below are awesome for helping kids learn about this important part of our society.
Homeschool Unit Studies: Farm Unit Study
Printable Farm Notebooking Pages
Get your farm unit study started with these printable farm notebooking pages! These are good for writing down facts the kids learn from the videos below!
You can pick these farm notebooking pages up for free when you sign up for our Subscriber Library!
Farms for Kids Videos
Watch the following video about farms and then let the kids try to answer the questions below.
1. Where does food come from? (Answer: Most of it is grown on farms.)
2. Do fruits and vegetables just grow by themselves? (Answer: No. Farmers plant them and help them grow.)
3. How does food to get to markets? (Answer: After fruits and vegetables grow, they are taken to markets where people can buy them.)
4. What kinds of foods are grown on farms? (Answer: Tomatoes, pole beans, sunflower seeds, mustard greens, broccoli, carrots, corn, and peppers)
Watch the following video to learn about common farm animals.
After watching, see if your kids can name some animals that usually live on farms.
Farm Crafts and Activities for Kids
Try some of these fun farm activities for kids and affiliate farm products to help kids learn!
1. Printable Farm Animal Flashcards – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Farm Animal Ten Frame Cards – Preschool Inspirations
3. Coffee Filter Pig Craft – Look! We’re Learning!
5. Farm Sensory Play Activity – Frugal Fun 4 Boys
6. Farm Shoebox Diorama Craft – Look! We’re Learning!
7. Farm Themed Number Sense Activity Pages – Homeschool Preschool
9. Farm Paper Bag Puppets – Look! We’re Learning!
10. Farm Animal Sticker Craft – I Heart Crafty Things
11. Farm Animal Windsocks – Buggy and Buddy
13. Farm Counting Worksheets – Look! We’re Learning!
14. Peek-A-Boo Farm Animal Activity – A Little Pinch of Perfect
Want to see more ways to make learning about farms fun during your farm unit study?
Discover more fall learning ideas on my Fall Activities for Kids Pinterest board!