We don’t officially start our new school year until September, but I’m still loving all of the “back to school” posts! I think back to school time is probably one of my favorite times of year. The frustrations of the new year haven’t happened yet. 🙂
This year, I’m really trying to break out of my comfort zone and find new ways to teach classic subjects. I’m very much a traditional learner and teacher, but my kids are not. Since they have ADHD, they love to move and they need a lot of novelty in order to keep their attention on the lesson.
So I was glad to see some fabulous homeschooling posts during last week’s Family Fun Friday that highlighted some novel ways to make traditional school subjects fun! Check out my favorites from last week below! Be sure to scroll on down and read this week’s newest posts as well!
|Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.|
|Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a veteran homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter. Selena will be featuring homeschooling and kids’ crafts.|
|Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.|
Here are my favorite posts for this week!
1. If your kids have caught the Minions craze, check out the ideas at Brain Power Boy for Learning Math, Science and More with Minions!
2. Teaching middle school? Homeschooling 4 Free shares a handy dandy Middle School at Home Supply List!
3. Make math fun for your preschooler with the 3 Fun Ways to Teach Preschool Math at Learning 2 Walk!
4. If you’re shopping for your homeschool science curriculum, visit Year Round Homeschooling and check out the Homeschool Science Curriculum Roundup!
5. Visit Planet Smarty to find out how you can teach Geography by Playing Games with a Globe!
6. Make daily reading time into your child’s favorite part of the day with the Reading Nooks for Kids featured at Growing Book by Book!
Were you featured? Grab the Family Fun Friday button below!
Bloggers are invited to share their best family-friendly and mom-inspiring posts in the link-up below.
- Link your post.
- Link back to the link party.
- Follow your host(s).
- Spread the word. Share and pin your favorites.
- Mingle! Bloggers love comments.
- Grab a button.
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Family Fun Friday is a growing link-up with over 200 bloggers sharing their posts each week. Each host shares her favorites from the week before, increasing your chances of being featured. Co-hosts will also be pinning their favorites to a community Family Fun Pinterest Board. This link party opens up at around 4 pm EST on Thursdays.
Please be aware that by linking in Family Fun Friday you give our hosts permission to use your images to create a collage for our features. We may also use the collage to promote Family Fun Friday through our individual social media accounts.