Are you ready for a printable unit that is out of this world?
This time, though, we’re heading up into the universe to learn All About the Solar System!
This solar system printable unit is packed with awesome outer space learning activities for elementary-aged students!
This is an excellent science unit for helping students get to know more about the planets that are in the solar system along with our Earth.
Read on to see how to get your copy! And, for more ways to learn about science, try some of these super cool water science experiments!
All About the Solar System Printable Unit
To use this All About the Solar System printable unit, you’ll need the following: (This post contains affiliate links. For details, see our Disclosure Policy.)
- Printer (with ink)
- Printer paper
- Laminator (if you want to keep and reuse the flashcards)
This printable science lesson includes over 25 pages of activities!
Inside, you’ll find the following:
- An introduction to each member of the solar system, with a fun mnemonic device for remembering the planets in order
- A trace and write page for each planet in the system, as well as the sun and moon
- A cut and paste solar system diagram activity where kids can label the planets in order (with answer key)
- A solar system word unscramble activity (with answer key)
Kids can learn about each member of the solar system with this science unit.
Along with the introduction to each planet, kids can practice writing the names of each planet they learn.
A fun solar system jumble activity is included too!
Break out the scissors and glue for this solar system diagram!
If students are unsure which planet goes where, the introductory lesson is a great reference for them to use as they work!
Plus, our Solar System flashcards are inside!
See more ways to teach science at home on my It’s Science Pinterest board!