Spring and fall are perfect times to talk about farms with kids! In the spring, new baby farm animals are born and in the fall, farmers get out in the fields to harvest their crops. So farms are pretty busy all year round!
As one of our homeschool unit studies, we’ve done a farm unit study before. During the unit, we read plenty of farm books for kids. After all, what better way to introduce farms to kids than by reading about them?
Today I’m sharing some fun kids’ books about farms that we’ve found! I hope you find some great ones to read with your family as well!
If you love these books, don’t miss our free Farm Do-A-Dot Shape Mats! They’re awesome for introducing toddlers and preschoolers to shapes!
Fun Kids’ Books about Farms
1. On the Farm by David Elliott
2. Pete the Cat: Old McDonald Had a Farm by James Dean
3. Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Farm by Joy Cowley
4. Around the Farm: Play A Sound by The World of Eric Carle
5. Before We Eat: From Farm to Table by Pat Brisson
6. World of Farming: Jobs on a Farm by Nancy Dickmann
8. Down On the Farm by Merrily Kutner
9. Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
10. Farm Vehicles: My First Sound Book by Annette Rusling
And here are 10 more to choose from!
1. Thump, Quack, Moo!: A Whacky Adventure by Doreen Cronin
2. Down by the Barn by Will Hillenbrand
3. The Farm Book (A Golden Super Shape Book) by Jan Pfloog
4. Farmyard Beat by Lindsey Craig
5. A Year at a Farm (Time Goes By) by Nicholas Harris
6. Lullaby Farm by Stephanie Shaw
7. Biscuit’s Day at the Farm by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
8. National Geographic Readers: Farm Animals (Level 1) by Joanne Mattern
9. Tractor Mac Arrives at the Farm by Billy Steers
10. The Berenstain Bears Down on the Farm by Jan and Stan Berenstain
For more farm-themed fun, check out some of our farm learning ideas!
And find more tips to make your kids into readers on my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!