When I think of fall, I start picturing taking a long, long nap.
Hey, a mother of four can dream, right?
But for some animals, hibernation is a necessary part of life and that includes bears!
At the library recently, our preschooler found several books about bears that were just downright adorable and that got me searching for fun and educational, not to mention cute, bear books for kids.
Here’s a list of the titles we’ve found. By the way, these would be wonderful read aloud selections for a bear unit or even a hibernation unit!
Be sure to check these out when you’re building your homeschool reading list for this year!
For more books, browse our list of fall books for kids and leaf books for kids too!
20 Adorable Bear Books for Kids to Read:
1. National Geographic Readers: Bears by National Geographic Kids
2. The Bear Ate Your Sandwich by Julia Sarcone-Roach
3. Bears: Polar Bears, Black Bears, and Grizzly Bears by Deborah Hodge
4. Bear Snores On (The Bear Books) by Karma Wilson
5. The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland
6. Bears (Wildlife) by Diane Swanson
7. Breaking News: Bear Alert! by David Biedrzycki
8. Our Amazing World: Bears by Kay De Silva
9. Big Smelly Bear by Britta Teckentrup
10. Grizzly Bears by Molly Kolpin
11. Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear
12. Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze! by Maureen Wright
13. The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His GRRRRR! by Rob Biddulph
14. National Geographic Little Kids Look and Learn: Bears by National Geographic Kids
15. American Black Bears by Molly Kolpin
16. Jesse Bear, What Will You Wear? by Nancy White Carlstrom
17. The Bears on Hemlock Mountain by Alice Dalgliesh
18. Don’t Feed the Bear by Kathleen Doherty
19. I Have A Little Problem, Said the Bear by Heinz Janisch
20. Bear Came Along by Richard T. Morris
Don’t miss these other book lists for kids!
Plus, see more tips for raising readers on my Reading for Kids Pinterest board!