We’ve already shared plenty of summer activities for kids, including books, beach crafts, and printables. But I couldn’t let the summer end without sharing some of the best childrens lighthouse books that we’ve found too!
I grew up in Southern Georgia near Savannah, so I’ve been to Tybee Island many times in my life. The Tybee Island Lighthouse always made me wonder about what it’s like to keep a lighthouse. As a child, I thought it would be boring and lonely. Now that I’m older, I think I’d love the peace and quiet. Having kids will do that to you. 🙂
But lighthouses are still fascinating structures for children to explore and these classic books are a great way to introduce them to your kids!
Childrens Lighthouse Books
- The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge
- The Lighthouse Family: The Storm
- The Lighthouse Cat
- North American Lighthouses Coloring Book
- The Boxcar Children: The Lighthouse Mystery
- The Lighthouse Keeper’s Lunch
- Lighthouse Seeds
- Lighthouses for Kids: History, Science, and Lore with 21 Activities
- Safely to Shore: The Story of America’s Lighthouse
- Abbie Against the Storm: The True Story of a Young Heroine and a Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Dog to the Rescue
- The Lighthouse Keeper’s Daughter
- One Lighthouse, One Moon
- Birdie’s Lighthouse
- The Lighthouse of Souls
Get more ideas to explore beaches with your kids below!
Plus, explore my Summer Activities for Kids board on Pinterest to have some awesome summer fun this year!
Childrens Lighthouse Books from Look! We’re Learning!
Lighthouse Printable Number Sequencing Puzzle for Preschool from Schooling a Monkey
Cupcake Liner Lighthouse Craft from Play Dough & Popsicles
Marblehead Lighthouse Marblehead, OH from Something 2 Offer
Lighthouse Word Search from Tales of Education at Home
20 Kid-Friendly Lighthouse Hikes around the World from FrogMom