I grew up in Southern Georgia near Savannah, so I’ve been to Tybee Island many times in my life.
The Tybee Island Lighthouse always made me wonder about what it’s like to keep a lighthouse.
As a child, I thought it would be boring and lonely. Now that I’m older, I think I’d love the peace and quiet.
Having kids will do that to you.
But lighthouses are still fascinating structures for children to explore and these lighthouse books for kids are a great way to introduce them to young ones!
These children’s lighthouse books feature non-fiction selections, as well as learning activities and mystery stories that kids will love!
Read below to see the full list. And, for more fun beach reading picks, take a look at our list of beach books for kids too!
20 Fun Books about Lighthouses for Kids
(This post contains affiliate links. For details, see our Disclosure Policy.)
1. The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge
2. The Lighthouse Family: The Storm
4. North American Lighthouses Coloring Book
5. The Boxcar Children: The Lighthouse Mystery
6. The Lighthouse Keeper’s Lunch
8. Lighthouses for Kids: History, Science, and Lore with 21 Activities
9. Safely to Shore: The Story of America’s Lighthouse
10. Abbie Against the Storm: The True Story of a Young Heroine and a Lighthouse
11. Lighthouse Dog to the Rescue
12. The Lighthouse Keeper’s Daughter
16. Hello Lighthouse
17. Lighthouses of North America
20. The Lighthouse
Get more ideas to explore beaches with your kids below!
Get more ideas for learning about lighthouses from these educators!
Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse with Children from Crafty Mama in ME
Lighthouse Printable Number Sequencing Puzzle for Preschool from Schooling a Monkey
Cupcake Liner Lighthouse Craft from Play Dough & Popsicles
Marblehead Lighthouse Marblehead, OH from Something 2 Offer
Lighthouse Word Search from Tales of Education at Home
20 Kid-Friendly Lighthouse Hikes around the World from FrogMom