Community helpers are such an important theme in early childhood education.
After all, it’s important for children to learn how their local community works and who provides the services we all rely on each day.
So when you’re ready to teach a community helper theme in class, make sure to use some of these community helpers books for kids as part of your read aloud time!
These community helpers picture books are excellent sections!
They’re all beautifully illustrated and they feature simple explanations of each helper’s role in town.
Read on to check out the selections below! And, for more ways to study community helpers, check our our Spanish community helpers printable lesson!
20 Community Helpers Books for Kids to Read
This post contains affiliate links. For details, see our Disclosure Policy.
If you decide to read any of these with your students, I’d love to hear which ones were your favorite!
1. Helpers in My Community by Bobbie Kalman
2. Whose Hands Are These? by Miranda Paul
3. Whose Hat Is This? by Sharon Katz Cooper
4. Look for the Helpers (adapted) by Alexandra Cassel
5. Career Day by Anne Rockwell
6. Jobs Around Town by Stan and Jan Berenstain
7. Let’s Meet a Police Officer by Gina Bellisario
8. Let’s Meet a Doctor by Bridget Heos
9. Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do by Kathryn Heling and Deborah Hembrook
10. When I Grow Up by Al Yankovic
11. Whose Tools Are These? by Sharon Katz Cooper
12. Delivering Your Mail by Ann Owen
13. Night Night, Sleepytown by Amy Parker
14. Miss Bindergarten Takes a Field Trip with Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
15. Richard Scarry’s What Do People Do All Day? by Richard Scarry
16. Busy People: Construction Worker by Lucy M. George
17. My Visit to the Dentist by David Lee
18. Teachers in My Community by Bridget Heos
19. Let’s Meet a Firefighter by Gina Bellisario
20. When I Grow Up by Mercer Mayer
Did you love these community helpers books for kids? Take a look at these other booklists for young readers!
See more great books for children on my Must Read Books for Kids Pinterest board!
Leave a Reply