Did I mention I love fall? I think that I say that every time I write about a fall activity. But it’s true! Fall is my favoritest time of the year. (Yes, I said favoritest.)
We’ve made lots of leaf-themed activities before, including leaf flashcards, leaf garlands, and leaf snow globes. But you can never have too many leaf crafts! These leaf activities for kids are a beautiful way to start discovering the season with the family!
25 Leaf Activities for Kids
1. Have some art fun with this Leaf Painting for Kids activity!
2. Learn about the special features that make leaves turn colors with this Leaf Chromatography experiment!
3. Try this How Do Leaves Breathe Experiment to find out how leaves get carbon dioxide!
4. These lovely Negative Leaf Impressions are a simple way to add art into your fall unit!
5. Gather the prettiest leaves in the neighborhood and make this Preserved Leaf Mobile!
6. Hand your smallest one some of these Fall Leaf Stickers and let them decorate a gift box!
7. Download this All About Leaves Printable Pack to talk about science and language arts with leaves!
8. This Autumn Leaf Threading activity is perfect for preschoolers!
9. There aren’t a lot of nature crafts that take my breath away, but this Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft is downright gorgeous!
10. Let the kids set up an Autumn Leaf Investigation Table to encourage open-ended exploration!
11. Use those old toilet rolls to make this beautiful Toilet Paper Roll Leaf Stamping Tree!
12. Help tots learn their colors with this Leaf Color Match for Toddlers!
13. Get a Maple Leaf Paper Punch and let the kids cut out leaf shapes!
14. Print these Printable Leaf Identification Flashcards and take them with you on a leaf hunt!
15. These pretty Leaf Lanterns would be so gorgeous on a mantel!
16. Help little ones practice counting with this Fall Leaf Counting Activity!
17. Who doesn’t love playing with bubble wrap? Use it to make this Fall Leaf Bubble Print Collage!
18. Okay. This is just too smart. Give your kids this easy Duct Tape Leaf Bracelet and let them collect their own leaf “jewelry” on a nature walk!
19. These Fall Leaf Window Clings are a fun way for kids to decorate the home for fall!
20. Work on recognizing even and odd numbers with this printable Leaves Even and Odd Math Practice pack!
21. Explore impressions with this Leaf Rubbing Art activity!
22. Let the toddlers make this fun (and simple) Sticky Autumn Leaf Collage!
23. This DIY Felt Fall Tree Play Set is so adorable that you’d think it was store-bought!
24. Help kids learn to recognize their names with this super cute Leaf Name Game!
25. Make this Easy Fall Leaf Snow Globe and bring the beauty of fall indoors!
Picture Books about Leaves
Read these beautiful picture books about fall leaves with your kids this fall!
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- Trees, Leaves, and Bark (Take-Along Guides) by Diane Burns
Don’t miss these other fall activities!
Get more fall fun ideas from my Fall Activities for Kids board on Pinterest!
This post is part of the Free Unit Studies linkup! Stop by to read even more leaf ideas from these great bloggers!
Fall Leaves Printable Play Dough Mat Pack from Play Dough & Popsicles
Festive Fall Children’s Books about Leaves from Crafty Mama in ME
Learn About Leaves from Faith and Good Works
The Sugar Science of Autumn Leaves from FrogMom
Building a “Real” Family Tree from Extremely Good Parenting
Leaf Science Activities for Kids from iGameMom
Leaves Read and Play from My Storytime Corner
Leaf Chromatography STEM Activity: Remove Color from Leaves! from Schooling a Monkey
Why Do Leaves Change Colors? from Slap Dash Mom
Fibonacci Fall LEGO Garden from Planet Smarty Pants