Did I mention I love fall? I think that I say that every time I write about a fall activity.
But it’s true! Fall is my favoritest time of the year. Well, second favoritest after summer. (Also – is favoritest a word? It should be.)
We’ve made lots of leaf-themed activities before, including leaf flashcards, leaf garlands, and leaf snow globes.
But you can never have too many leaf ideas! These leaf activities for kids are a beautiful way to start discovering the season with the family!
25 Leaf Activities for Kids
1. Have some art fun with this Leaf Painting for Kids activity!
2. Learn about the special features that make leaves turn colors with this Leaf Chromatography experiment!
3. Try this How Do Leaves Breathe Experiment to find out how leaves get carbon dioxide!
4. These lovely Negative Leaf Impressions are a simple way to add art into your fall unit!
5. Gather the prettiest leaves in the neighborhood and make this Preserved Leaf Mobile!
6. Hand your smallest one some of these Fall Leaf Stickers and let them decorate a gift box!
7. Download this All About Leaves Printable Pack to talk about science and language arts with leaves!
8. This Autumn Leaf Threading activity is perfect for preschoolers!
9. There aren’t a lot of nature crafts that take my breath away, but this Stick and Leaf Butterfly Craft is downright gorgeous!
10. Let the kids set up an Autumn Leaf Investigation Table to encourage open-ended exploration!
11. Use those old toilet rolls to make this beautiful Toilet Paper Roll Leaf Stamping Tree!
12. Help tots learn their colors with this Fall Leaf Color Matching Activity!
13. Get a Maple Leaf Paper Punch and let the kids cut out leaf shapes!
maggy, red ted art says
Thank you so much for including us! This is a fantastic resource!
Selena Robinson says
Thank you! Those luminaries are beautiful. <3