Have you ever tried moon sand with your little ones? My four love playing with it! It’s soft, squishy, and moldable, which makes it a wonderful sensory play activity for kids. But once you’ve made one moon sand recipe, you’ve made them all, right?
There are plenty of awesome moon sand recipe ideas that you can make at home! Take a look at these fun ways to make moon sand and be sure to check out the different ways to play with your moon sand too!
For more sensory fun, don’t miss this super easy DIY flubber!
10 Moon Sand Recipe Ideas to Make at Home
These moon sand recipes are really easy to make. Most of them only require a couple of common ingredients!
1. DIY Colored Moon Sand – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Moldable Moon Sand – Laughing Kids Learn
3. Taste Safe Moon Sand – Parenting Chaos
4. 2 Ingredient Moon Sand – Happy Hooligans
5. Glitter Moon Sand – The Imagination Tree
6. Snow Themed Moon Sand – Powerful Mothering
7. Chocolate Moon Sand – Parenting Chaos
8. DIY Play Beach Sand – Look! We’re Learning!
9. Fizzy Moon Sand – Powerful Mothering
10. Pumpkin-Scented Moon Sand – Parenting Chaos
Check out 10 ways to play with moon sand – up next!
10 Ways to Play with Moon Sand:
Once you’ve chosen one of the moon sand recipe ideas above, try one of these super cool ways to play with it!
1. Moon Sand Construction Bin Play – Happiness is Homemade
2. Moon Sand Absorption Experiment – Lemon Lime Adventures
3. Moon Sand Space Sensory Play – Little Bins for Little Hands
4. Moon Sand Syllable Smash Game – Still Playing School
5. Moon Excavation Sensory Bin – Parenting Chaos
6. Moon Sand Castle Play – Delightful Learning
7. Dinosaur Moon Sand Sensory Bin – Little Bins for Little Hands
8. Moon Sand Desert Small World – Crayon Box Chronicles
9. Moon Sand Space Writing Tray – Gift of Curiosity
10. Moon Sand Beach Small World – Fun-A-Day
Need more simple play ideas to share with your kids? Check out these fun activities!
See more ways to play inside on my Indoor Play Pinterest board!