When you’re working with early elementary grades, it can be a challenge to make learning fun.
And, if you need to help students work at home, it can be even more of a challenge.
I’ve found that, if a resource is fun and interactive, my students are far more likely to actually do the work and remember what they learn afterwards.
And that’s why I’m sharing a list of 20 different K-2 learning resources that students can work on at home!
These are excellent for extension activities, homework assignments, independnet learning days, and more!
Check out the full list below. And, don’t miss our list of 20 printable preschool resources too!
20 K-2 Learning Resources Kids Can Use at Home
1. Use this Candy Bag Skip Counting Activity to help kids practice counting by 5, 10, and 100!
2. Reinforce short vowel sound fluency with this Vowel Houses CVC Word Sorting Activity!
3. These Pumpkin Pie Parts of a Whole Clip Cards are a hands-on way for students to practice reognizing fractions!
4. Need to teach basic English contractions? Pick up this comprehensive Construction Contractions ELA Lesson!
5. Work on adding to make ten with these cute Panda Make Ten Worksheets!
6. Read the classic story “Harry the Dirty Dog” and then use this Harry the Dirty Dog Storybook Extension Lesson to add math and reading skills!
7. Practice reading equations with this Aquarium Arithmetic Addition and Subtraction Activity!
8. Learn about where animals live and what they eat with this printable Animal Diets and Habitats Sorting Activity!
9. Introduce students to important African-Americans in history with these Black History Figure Puzzles!
10. Need a quick science activity? This printable Superhero States of Matter Science Lesson teaches states of matter with a super simple experiment kids can do at home!
11. Practice adding with these reusable Counting Crows Write and Wipe Addition Cards!
12. Teach students how to count with tallies with these Rainbow Tally Marks Worksheets!
13. Study how plants grow with this fun Apple Life Cycle Sequencing Activity!
14. Practice recognizing verbs, nouns, and adjectives with this Snow Globe Grammar Parts of Speech Sorting Activity!
15. Reinforce counting fluency with this spring-themed Bumblebee Counting On Math Center!
16. Learn to relate numerals and number words in two languages with this English and Spanish Cupcake Number Matching Activity!
17. This printable All About the Solar System Science Unit is perfect for heading into space with early grades!
18. Watch the movie “The Jungle Book” and then complete this The Jungle Book Movie Discussion Activity!
19. Learn about equal parts of a whole with this hands-on Donut Making Equal Shares Math Center!
20. Teach students about the animals who are awake during the day and those that are up at night with this Nocturnal and Diurnal Animal Sorting Activity!
Need even more resources? Don’t miss these ideas!