I just love summer. It’s basically what makes life worth living. To me, anyway.
The sun is out, you can walk around in flip-flops all day, no one cares if you eat ice cream for breakfast – it’s a good time of year.
The kids and I tend to take a more relaxed approach to learning over the summer, but I still like to keep them learning as much as possible. So we found a bunch of learning activities for summer that are super fun and great for helping them explore science, math, STEM, literacy, and more!
There are 40 different summer learning ideas below, so you can try as many as you like during summer break! If you decide to do some of these, be sure to come back and tell us how you liked them!
Want to spend summer boosting your children’s literacy skills? Take a look at this list of 50 summer books you can share with them!
40 Learning Activities for Summer
1. Beach Number Playdough Mats – Look! We’re Learning!
2. Exploring Solar Heat – STEAM Powered Family
3. Summer Reading Challenge Log – KC Edventures
4. Exploring Ramps and Friction on a Slide – Buggy and Buddy
5. Human Sundial Shadow Science Experiment – Rhythms of Play
6. Paint Gun Parts of Speech Game – 123 Homeschool 4 Me
7. Ice-Pop Match Game – Dabbling Momma
8. Ocean Letter Tracing Sheets – Red Ted Art
9. Graphing Ocean Animals With LEGO – J Daniel 4’s Mom
10. Build a Nerf War Battlefield – STEAM Powered Family
11. Summer Number Names Match Printable – Wise Owl Factory
12. Tide Pool Science Experiment for Kids – Buggy and Buddy
13. Watermelon Seed Matching Game – The Mama Workshop
14. Build a Solar Oven – Mosswood Connections
15. DIY Heat Wave Crayons – Mama Smiles
16. Ice Cream Shape Sorting Activity – Look! We’re Learning!
17. How to Compost Kitchen Scraps – Kid World Citizen
18. Learn About Forces at the Water Park – From Engineer to SAHM
19. Pedal to the Numbers – Dabbling Momma
20. How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag With Recording Sheet – Buggy and Buddy