Summer’s here and we’re getting into a “beachy” frame of mind around here.
I’m from Florida and I absolutely adore the beach, so for this book roundup, I decided to feature the best beach books for kids!
There are 25 books about the beach for toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary-aged kids to look at, read, and enjoy.
What I love about these books is that they focus on the beach itself, not just stories that take place there.
So, if you’re doing a beach unit soon, these are excellent reading choices!
Read on to see the full list. And, keep reading to pick up a fun beach themed counting resource too!
If these are a hit, check out some other summer reads, including some cool ice cream books for kids!
25 of the Best Beach Books for Kids
Whether you live near the shore or not, the beach is a wonderful theme for early learners.
There are so many animals that live near the beach to learn about.
Plus, we get to find out about incredible scientific principles such as buoyancy, erosion, and evaporation.
There are also plenty of beach crafts for kids and beach-y treats to make. Take a look at some of our favorite beach crafts for some inspiration!
Printable Beach Ball Counting Cards
Add even more beach learning fun to your beach theme with these printable beach ball counting to ten cards!
These feature beach balls in groups of one to ten with number words underneath.
There are also a set of cards with blank spaces for attaching number word labels.
Perfect for early math centers!
To get your set of these beach ball counting cards free, just click the image or the link below to have them sent directly to your inbox!
You’ll also get our newsletter this Sunday!
Did you enjoy these beach books for kids? Don’t miss these other beach ideas to share!
This post is part of the Beach Unit Study blog hop! Check out more awesome beach posts below!
- Beach Letter Find Printables from 3 Boys and a Dog
- Ocean Books for Kids from The Jenny Evolution
- Songs About The Beach from Tales of Education at Home
- 5 Ways to Learn at the Beach from The Usual Mayhem
- Beach Scavenger Hunt Printable from CraftCreateCalm
- “At the Beach” Emergent Reader from The Letters of Literacy
- Sand Pail and Shovel Alphabet Match from The Kindergarten Connection
- Beach Letter Dot Printables from Living Life and Learning.com
- Colorful Sand Paintings from Schooling a Monkey
- Sand Science Experiment from iGameMom
- 15 Things to Do at the Beach with Kids from FrogMom
- Easy Egg Carton Sea Creatures from Homeschool Preschool
- Beach Mystery Bag from Bambini Travel
- Printable Beach Bingo Cards from Year Round Homeschooling
- Beach Pail 1-20 Number Recognition from Something 2 Offer