Summer. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for playing outside.
We live in the South and it. gets. hot. But that’s never stopped our kids from wanting to be outside playing every game imaginable.
After a while, though, the same old games just don’t do it for them anymore. And that’s why I wanted to find some awesome fun in the sun ideas for outdoor play in summer.
Below, you’ll find 60, count’em, SIXTY different summer outdoor play ideas for kids. And they are awesome! They can make their own bubble wands, create slime that fizzes, build mud kitchens, and much more!
If you try one of these, come back and tell me how the kids liked it! And if you need more ways to make summer fun, check out our list of 40 simple summer crafts kids can make!
60 Awesome Outdoor Play Ideas for Summer
1. DIY Fizzy Slime – Look! We’re Learning!
2. How to Make a Kite – Red Ted Art
3. Driveway Shape Maze – Creative Family Fun
4. Backyard Olympics – Kid World Citizen
5. DIY Rockets for Kids – Frogmom
6. Wet Chalk Color Mixing – School Time Snippets
7. Catapult Splat Painting – There’s Just One Mommy
8. Squirt Gun Painting – Fireflies and Mudpies
9. DIY Mud Kitchen – Megan Zeni
10. Sidewalk Paint Rockets – Gluesticks
11. Recycled Chalk Paint – Rhythms of Play
12. Splash the Alphabet – Days with Grey
13. Ocean Sensory Bin – Frogs and Fairies
14. DIY Obstacle Course for Kids – Buggy and Buddy
15. Outdoor Rainbow Weaving – Where Imagination Grows
16. Summer Paint Sensory Play – Mama Smiles
17. How to Make DIY Bubble Wands and Homemade Bubbles – Natural Beach Living
18. Rainbow Windsock Craft – Kids Craft Room
19. Pool Noodle Boat Racing Game – See Vanessa Craft
20. Bouncy Ball Process Art Painting – School Time Snippets
See more fun in the sun ideas on page 2!