Roo is a HUGE fan of construction, and I mean, HUGE. You know how kids change what they want to be when they grow up almost every other day? Well, Roo has said that he wants to be a builder for the last two years. He is unwavering on that point.
Whenever we go to the library, he asks to find books about building. So I thought I’d round up 10 children’s books about construction we’ve found – just in case you’re also living with an aspiring builder in your family. 😉
We’ll also be sharing a construction unit study later this year, so be sure to stay tuned for that!
10 Children’s Books about Construction
1. A Day with the Animal Builders by Sharon Rentta
2. Construction by Sally Sutton
3. Where Do Diggers Sleep at Night? by Brianna Caplan Sayres
4. Pete the Cat: Construction Destruction by James Dean
5. Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker
6. How a House Is Built by Gail Gibbons
7. B Is for Bulldozer: A Construction ABC by June Sobel
8. Building a House by Byron Barton
9. Amelia Bedelia Under Construction by Herman Parish
10. Dig, Dogs, Dig: A Construction Tail by James Horvath
For more construction-themed fun for kids, try our Construction Contractions Language Arts Pack!
Construction Contractions Language Arts Pack – Look! We’re Learning! Store
For more tips to make your kids into readers, check out my Reading for Kids board on Pinterest!
This post is part of The Massive Guide to Homeschool Reading Lists by iHomeschool Network! Click over to read tons of awesome booklists shared by my fellow homeschooling bloggers!